The Halloween party is cancelled, trick-or-treating is out, and any attempt at a night in your local will have to end at 10pm. But all is not lost. You can still bring the party to your nails this spooky season.
The restrictions of Covid-19 means that many of the usual Halloween celebrations have had to be cancelled but Semilac have come to the rescue with their fantastic range of gel nail polishes and special effect products.
Need some inspiration? Here are 5 of our favourite creepy suggestions…
- Claws – an easy look to achieve. Simply file your nails into sharp talon like claws. For the best effect aim for a really dramatic point – it may take some time - then simply apply a coloured gel polish of your choice. Any shade will look great but try to stay in the spirit of things with a pumpkin orange, witchy purple or sinister black.
- Dripping blood – ‘the drip’ is a fun effect at any time but works particularly well for Halloween, especially if you create the drip using a gory ‘blood’ red gel polish (check out Legendary Red). A quick search of the internet will reveal plenty of easy to follow videos showcasing how to create the perfect drip but one of the easiest ways is to use a dotting tool.
- Spiders web – use our special spider gel to create elaborate web designs across your nails. Try silver gel on a bed of dramatic black or mix it up with alternative colours such as neon orange, green, gold or skeleton white.
- Cat eye – this on-trend look works puuurfectly for the spooky season creating a mesmerising look by drawing a magnet over the nails to attract iron particles to the surface – take a peek at our cat eye range for everything you need to give this look a go.
- Evil magic – sparkle with our shimmer dust range or add drama to any colour with the sparkle diamond gel, which can be painted over any gel polish colour for a durable, glittery finish - magic.
If you love the sound of this but getting creative isn’t really your thing, or time is against you – cheat!
Try the Semilac one step pen to just twist and paint. Super quick and super easy. There are loads of colours available which can take on a sinister twist - opt for black, white, scarlet or midnight blue. And for the finishing touch? Why not add a Halloween themed nail transfer for simple yet effective Halloween nails?
So don’t let your celebrations be spoilt. There’s no shortage of ways to get into the spooky spirit of things this October and you can bag yourself some great looking nails into the bargain - have fun!
Get in touch
For more tips and ideas on using Semilac gel nail polish to create kooky looks and help finding the right tools and polishes for the job, why not get in touch with the team here at Semilac Shop? You can email us at email@example.com or call 01636 707 727.